Top 5 basics of marketing that you need to know
“This article is a part of Digital Deepak internship program”
Though requirement specification, design, development and final product are the great achievements in an organization, the organization’s success depends on not marketing but deep marketing.
Are you looking for the ultimate guide which encourages you to start deep marketing through digital medium?
Do you want to become a great digital marketing specialist ?
If you are looking to learn about modern marketing, then you are in the right place.
I have the habit of sharing what I learnt. So only this blog. I believe it helps you.
The major things you should understand of deep marketing are
- The fundamentals of marketing
- Traditional vs Digital marketing
- CATT marketing funnel
- Integrated digital marketing
- Personal branding : The mass blueprint
FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING
The king always acts smarter. Here the king is a customer. In todays world customers are so smart. A great marketer understands the customer’s needs and then develops the product. So marketing begins before the development of a product and not after the product is developed.
Marketing is not only selling a product and also keeping the existing customer very happy forever. So that customers can remain customers for life.
The main job of a great marketer is to “SEND THE RIGHT MESSAGE, TO THE RIGHT PERSON, AT THE RIGHT TIME “.
Always focus on marketing a great product. A great product markets itself. YouTube never markets itself. Every blogger thinks to deliver his/her content with videos only on a free YouTube platform.
Be analytical with everything. So there is no necessity of marketing till the end.
Build the trust in customers. This will help to market only to the certain point.
TRADITIONAL VS DIGITAL MARKETING
As I said marketing is very important in any business, there are two strategies to reach the customer through marketing.
- Traditional marketing
- Digital marketing
Fine. Which works best ? Which one should any business follow ?
Here we will discuss both.
What is Traditional Marketing ?
Do you check the newspaper advertisement for the job opportunity ? If yes , You are the customer of a traditional marketer. It is marketing without the internet.
Some common traditional marketing methods that are still exist include :
- Television and radio advertisements
- Text messages and telephone calls
- Newspaper and magazine advertisements
- Direct mail postcards
- Billboard ads
How does traditional marketing help still ?
Depending on the business and the audience they target , traditional marketing may be the better option.
- TV and radio commercials grab the attention of the audience by playing the ads multiple times.
But In digital marketing , there is a chance of skipping the advertisements.
How many times have you clicked “ Skip ad 5,4, 3, 2, 1 in a YouTube video ” in a day? Many and many times right !
- There are some people who don’t believe digital ads. In the present era, Aged people read the newspaper and magazines compared to young one.Such audiences pay attention towards the postcards, billboards, newspaper,radio,television advertisements.
Where does traditional marketing fail to achieve the goals ?
We can’t achieve natural sales, deep marketing through traditional marketing.
- Traditional marketing takes some weeks to achieve the results. You can’t tell exactly when the reader of your advertisement will reach you shortly unless you do a small survey.
- Distributing the pamphlets for a whole day and there is no guarantee that the audience is interested in your business or the product you offer.
What is Digital marketing ?
Digital marketing is the best medium to reach the fluent English speaking population.This strategy is very popular in today’s world because of the consumption of the internet everyday. It requires the use of the internet and smartphones.
In 2019, 4G networks were the most widely used across urban and rural India.It was estimated that by 2023, there would be almost 450 million social network users in India.
Go DIGITAL !
Some common methods of digital marketing include :
- Email campaigns
- Content marketing
- Website content
- Affiliate marketing
- SEO ( Search Engine Optimization )
- Social media ads
Advantages of digital marketing
- Digital marketing cuts the cost of printing the content by email campaigns or any digital messages to the audience.
- You can track the audience’s involvement. (visitors to your website, followers of your content in social media, etc) You will have instant information when the audience directly responds to you.
- Digital marketing strategy saves time. Sending the mails to customers using the automated tools is much smarter than distributing the pamphlets.
- This strategy not only focuses on local business and it works very well for global audiences because of the internet.
Disadvantages of digital marketing
- You need to keep an eye on digital marketing tactics and evaluate them continually to achieve success as new technology emerges so frequently.
- Some internet users skip the ads and also have ad blockers to the page where your ads hide.
- Digital marketing strategy works for only educated people.
CATT MARKETING FUNNEL
Look at this funnel designed by my mentor Mr.Deepak Kanakaraju through his experience in digital marketing.
[N] Niche : Your wealth depends on the niche you choose. Choose the right niche that the audience is actually looking for .
[C] Content : Create useful content that attracts people from your niche. Ex. Blog post, videos, lead management live webinars, etc.
[A] Attention : Drive traffic to your content using SEO, social media, paid ads. Learn the tools and techniques of bringing the traffic to your site. Apply them to create wealth.
[T] Trust : Build trust with your audience by communicating with them and re targeting.
[T] Transaction : Covert your audience into customers of your product with natural sales methods.
INTEGRATED DIGITAL MARKETING
CATT funnel is executed through the Integrated Digital Marketing framework. It is a web in which components of marketing are connected to each other.
PERSONAL BRANDING : THE MASS TRUST BLUEPRINT
Be the leader in a category. Can’t you ? At least be the leader in a sub-category.Ex. BMW , Mercedes Benz, Volvo etc. Because people remember the no.1 or maximum 2 or 3 leaders only. Enter into the competitive market to get recognized.
To make your personal brand unique, invest the time to learn deep marketing. It will give a fantastic product. Good communication plays a major role to be a good marketer. Interacting with the audience, results in what goes in their mind.
You should go through the evolution of personal brand to build mass trust with your customer.
It’s a step by step procedure of building the personal brand. According to the Mass Trust Blueprint designed by my Mentor Digital Deepak ,you should continuously keep learning new skills. Understand the concepts, remember the facts and practise the procedures. Put your new skills in your work. Implement your work that can be either a job or freelancing or own projects. Write about what you have learned. It’s called blogging. Share what you learned and experienced to the world. Because when you write, you understand better.
“Knowledge grows by sharing not by saving !”
This will help you to build the personal brand. Then start consulting other businesses instead of working for them. This will help you to become a specialist. Mentor people who want to become like you. Start your own product or service business.
I hope I wrote the very basics of deep marketing well. Digest the knowledge of marketing and use the energy to create success and wealth. Comment your opinions and if you liked my article give a Thumbs Up and share !
I also given trial on content writing , click here to grab the information on why refined oils are bad for health.